Extending the period of a lease can be complex. There are strict rules detailed within the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 governing the form of notices and counter notices as well as strict timeframes that must be adhered to. Given the ongoing government consultation and current spotlight on leasehold reform and lease terms, such extensions may also include variations to the existing lease terms.
We carry out all parts of the process including:
· Initial title check and qualifying criteria review
· Liaising with our client’s nominated valuer
· Drafting and serving the notice/counter notice
· Dealing with FTT proceedings
· Drafting/reviewing the new lease
· Ensuring registration of the new lease at HM Land Registry
JB Leitch Real Estate Limited acts for both landlords and leaseholders on lease extension matters, providing expert advice tailored to each individual case whether the lease extension is voluntary or statutory.
Our experienced team have advised on and completed thousands of these matters. We have built our case management system with client reporting at the forefront of our processes so our clients can be updated on the progress of each matter. We deal with the most straightforward voluntary matters to the most complex contested statutory matters at the First Tier Property Tribunal.